Reporting Manager: Welding Lead
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
To create assemblies or weldments by welding steel shapes and steel sheet parts that are provided by the cutting and forming area. Assist in the cutting and forming area when required to create steel parts as needed.
- Fabricate in accordance with drawings
- Product product outputs that meet project specifications
- Quality of work
- Enter ERP data accurately
Essential Job Functions:
- Weld sheet metal and structural metal parts that are provided by the cutting and forming area
- Verify all required product specifications before sending the product to the paint/finishing area
- Operate the press brake, shear, iron workers, saw, plasma cutters, etc.
- Move project components with the use of team lifts and overhead cranes
- Collaborate with co-workers to ensure all materials are prepared properly
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years education and/or work experience beyond High School in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively weld sheet metal and structural metal to produce a quality finished product
- Skill in reading and interpreting all general drawings and assembly drawings
- Ability to work with all tools in the production area, including all hand tools, power tools and production equipment
- Wire feed welding certification is required for mild steel, stainless steel
- Aluminum welding certification
- Ability to lift and walk with loads up to 150 lbs.
- Ability to stand for the entire duration of the scheduled shift