Work Location: 1150 South 48th Street in Grand Forks, ND
Reporting Manager: IT Manager
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of internal computer applications and processes at PS INDUSTRIES. This position is to work with a dynamic team of individuals from a variety of departments to help automate and streamline job functions and processes throughout the company. In addition to custom programming duties this position is responsible for, supporting the overall IT team functions. Primary programming duties are to focus on developing applications for the web (IIS), and in a Windows Server / Windows 10 / Android / SQL / PSQL environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete projects by coordinating with PS INDUSTRIES process owners and users. Conduct meetings to determine scope of the project and timetable milestones unique to each project
- Create Custom programming for software platforms employed at PS INDUSTRIES
- Analyze business needs presented by the PS INDUSTRIES user community and recommend technical solutions
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating technical documentation, procedural documents and work instructions for applications/programs for the end user and process owner
- Provide training, periodic retraining on existing applications/solutions as required by the process owner
- Interacts with internal end users on all levels to resolve IT issues and provides answers in a timely manner
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporate new developments into the future systems of the company
- Attend educational and training opportunities and work with Vendors in order to stay informed of current trends and technology
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2-3+ years of experience in Software Development
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies, software, programming techniques
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or comparable experience in Software Development
- Experience/certifications in C#, VB.NET or other languages
- Database experience: SQL Server and/or Pervasive PSQL