Reporting Manager: Assembly & Packaging Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
PS Industries® is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon.
We are an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Upon receiving approved manufactured products, the painter/finisher will apply prime only, or prime, finish, and paint the products to the required paint specifications before moving the products on to the assembly area. Position is unsupervised at times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Visual verification that the product meets fabrication specification before the paint/finish process
- Clean and coat the product as required to meet the product paint specifications
- Apply prime only, or prime, finish, and paint all products to meet paint specifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two years of experience in painting manufactured steel products with HVLP paint system as used at PS Industries
- The ability to read assembly drawings for steel manufactured products
- The ability to read paint system or paint mixture instructions on various types of finishes to ensure that a quality finish is achieved
- Skill in measuring paint mixing ratios to achieve the required paint thickness to effectively work with the HVLP system when necessary
- Must have general shop/carpentry skills along with those described above
- A certificate stating that the applicant has the required skills to use an HVLP or similar painting system
- Must be able to lift and walk with loads up to 150 lbs. with the assistance of at least one other production employee as needed. Production employees will be moving structural steel members as well as steel parts for the assembly of PS Industries finished products.
- Production employee must be able to stand on feet for the entire duration of the scheduled shift
- Production employees will primarily work indoors in the production area where it is a controlled environment. The welding area is equipped with air filtration units. The immediate painting area will have paint fumes present where a respirator is required for the Production Painter.