Work Location: 1150 South 48th Street in Grand Forks, ND
Reporting Manager: Box & Ship Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday – Thursday 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM, and Friday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Apply finish to products by using a powder coating system. This will involve cleaning, preparing, coating parts, and monitoring the entire powder coating system to ensure that quality standards are attained.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a contributing member of our manufacturing organization
- Load and/or unload products manually or by using lifts or hoists when applicable
- Powder coat all parts per job requirements/standards
- Monitor, maintain, and clean the powder coating system to ensure proper function
- Assist in set-up, application, and improvements to the powder coat system
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and with Operations Department to obtain daily requirements to fulfill orders and maintain product inventory at the desired level
- Position will be unsupervised at times
- Complete LMA functions such as quarterly conversations
- Provide team and leadership skills
- High School diploma or GED
- 2-4 years of experience in powder coating parts and assemblies. Experience with “wet” paint systems is beneficial
- Knowledge of powder coating operations including: cleaning, preparing, powder application, baking, sealing, and analyzing parts is required to ensure proper finish
- Conduct proper operation, adjustment, and maintenance of equipment
- Good communication and instructional skills to communicate with co-workers is beneficial
- Must be able to lift and walk with loads up to 150 lbs. with the assistance of at least one other production employee as needed. Production employees will be moving structural steel members as well as steel parts for the assembly of PS Industries finished products
- Production employee must be able to stand on feet for the entire duration of the scheduled shift