Work Location: 1150 South 48th Street in Grand Forks, ND
Reporting Manager: R&D Manager
Work Hours: Varying Hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
The New Product Development Engineering Intern will be part of a team that completes all design, development, and testing of new products and product improvements. This position will contribute to the New Product Development Team by assisting with engineering, drafting, prototype testing, and miscellaneous tasks to help accelerate the launch of new products and product improvements. Potential to earn academic credit.
- Independently manage tasks
- Generate 3D models and drawings using SolidWorks
- Conduct testing and procedure reports
- Perform supporting calculations of components and assemblies
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in conceptual through final design of new products
- Design and implement product improvements into existing product lines
- Conduct testing of prototypes and write reports documenting results
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Senior level in a Mechanical/Structural Engineering Degree Program
- 3D CAD experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with hands and power tools
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Ability to work during regular business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Ability to work full-time hours during the summer