PS Industries™ Incorporated is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their custom products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon. Check us out at psindustries.com!
The New Product Development Engineer will be part of a team that completes all design, development, and testing of new products. This position will coordinate projects with participating departments and serve as the primary designer, extensively utilizing SolidWorks 3D modeling to develop products from concept to completion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with marketing and sales departments to clearly define all product requirements and cost objectives
- Participate in conceptual through final design of new products
- Extensive use of SolidWorks 3D modeling software to develop detailed models and create drawings for fabrication
- Conduct testing of prototypes and write reports documenting results
- Perform structural calculations of components and assemblies
- Work closely with production employees to develop prototypes and evaluate manufacturability
- Present product concepts and new product opportunities to Sales, Marketing, and the New Product Development Team
- Set and maintain scheduling milestones during the development process
- Design and implement product improvements into existing product lines
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical/Structural Engineering, Industrial Technology
- 1-10 years design/engineering experience; Pay DOE
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of mechanical principles
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software such as SolidWorks
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, as well as work effectively on teams
- Previous manufacturing experience.