Reporting Manager: Engineering Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
PS Industries® is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon. Check us out at www.psindustries.com!
We are an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
The engineering intern will gain experience with manufacturing processes and structural design of steel and aluminum by assisting mechanical engineers in day-to-day activities. They will create and maintain spreadsheets used for various functions within the engineering department, create calculations for standard products, become familiar with the project review process, and learn how to develop and maintain a balance and schedule between all project deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create spreadsheets, charts, documents, and design aides to support the development of process efficiencies
- Utilize engineering software to draft and analyze component, assembly, and structural details
- Assist in conducting physical testing of PS Industries’ products, record test data, and generate performance reports
- Collaborate with the design team to compose solutions to improve existing products
- Participate in the development of future products and/or operations
- Observe the production process and design devices for improved safe handling and operation of material and finished product
- Continually increase personal knowledge of applicable subjects through research, training, and departmental meetings
- Professionally interact with engineering and design department, other disciplines, and clients as needed
- Assist on a variety of engineering projects with oversight from an engineer/mentor
- Must be seeking a degree in structural, civil, or mechanical engineering at an ABET accredited school
- Completed sophomore year of post-secondary education
- Knowledge of Excel functions to develop interactive spreadsheets
- Knowledge or coursework regarding manufacturing processes of steel and aluminum
- Experience utilizing CAD based drafting/engineering software
- Works well in a team setting by listening to others’ ideas and providing valuable input to work towards a common goal
- Strength in prioritizing tasked activities while maintaining accuracy and completeness
- Experience with SolidWorks and/or RISA 3D
- Utilization of Excel with computation development
- Background working in steel manufacturing environment
- Awareness of welding principles
- Mechanical interfacing of parts and assemblies