Reports to: Engineering II
PS Industries is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon. Check us out at www.psindustries.com!
The Engineer l will assist in the development and analysis of PS INDUSTRIES’ products by performing engineering design tasks with standard engineering practices and principles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide guided structural analysis of load supporting members, anchors, and substrate by hand written calculations, spreadsheets, and/or computer aided finite element analysis (FEA).
- Generate product designs that are cost effective and deliver value while considering ease of manufacturing.
- Be able to apply engineering principles to thoroughly analyze and continually improve product performance/reliability.
- Create tools and spreadsheets that are used for departmental guidelines, standard design criteria, and sales limitations.
- Possess the self-motivation to work independently and the soft skills to work in a group setting.
- Assist with conducting operational, component, and performance testing. Also to include generating test reports as required.
- Motivated to aid in the growth and direction of the department through generating innovative and efficient methods/processes.
- Be driven to continually increase your personal knowledge of applicable subjects through research/continuing education opportunities.
- Create and maintain design documents that are accepted as approved practices and meet ISO standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with SolidWorks or similar 3D model experience is beneficial
- Mechanical interfacing of parts and assemblies
- Ability to organize multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to communicate specifications and technical knowledge, written and verbally, in a clear and effective manner at all levels
- Awareness and utilization of welding symbols
- Knowledge of steel manufacturing processes
- Familiar with FEA software