Reporting Manager: Engineering Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
PS Industries® is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon.
We are an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
The Engineer within the PS Access Solution™ division is responsible for the design, manufacturing, and installation review for all associated products. They will review current processes for accuracy and efficiency as well as current design standards to ensure conformance with standard engineering practices. They will collaborate with other engineers as necessary to produce custom designs and work towards common department goals. When needed, this role may also assist the PS Safety Access™ and PS Flood Barriers™ divisions on similar tasks mentioned below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate hand-written and computer aided structural analysis of load resisting structures while assessing appropriate fastening/anchorage to existing structures
- Conduct preliminary calculations of prospective jobs, review specifications and contract drawings, and alert the sales staff to possible challenges
- Collaborate with third party engineering firm to discuss and resolve different design methodologies
- Coordinate with vendors and machine shops to ensure custom fabrication meets the design intent
- Review fabrication drawings to provide welding sequences and recommendations for structural end connections and custom components
- Collaborate with the design staff to produce cost effective designs to meet the expectations of the customer
- Conduct physical testing of PS Industries’ products, record test data, and generate performance reports
- Support manufacturing and production staff by providing technical, quality, safe handling, rigging, and production solutions
- Continually increase personal knowledge of various codes through research/continuing education opportunities
- Assist in the development of the engineering department through generating innovative and efficient design and fabrication methods
- Recognize the need for, and develop, spreadsheets or calculators to further define engineering/design limitations and assist in the sale of PS Industries’ products
- Schedule/Conduct meetings as necessary for project planning and design review of custom concepts, components, and designs
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in structural, civil, or mechanical engineering from and ABET accredited school
- Experience utilizing CAD based drafting/engineering software
- An understanding of engineering design principles relating to steel and aluminum structures and connections
- Mechanical interfacing of parts and assemblies
- Works well in a team setting by listening to others’ ideas and providing valuable input to work towards a common goal
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes, manage competing demands, and delays or unexpected events while maintaining completion dates
- Demonstrate group presentation skills and confidence to conduct meetings with various groups/departments to present numerical data effectively and interpret/deliver written information
- Strength in prioritizing tasked activities while maintaining accuracy and completeness
- Experience with SolidWorks and/or RISA 3D
- Utilization of Excel with computation development
- Background working in steel manufacturing environment
- Understanding of welding principles