Reporting Manager: Design Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-5:00pm, Friday 8am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
The Designer will be responsible for applying sound mechanical engineering and design principles in the creation of approval and fabrication drawings. The designer will be involved in the entire design process, from conceptual model/drawing creation to production level design and detailing. They will reference proposals, specifications, sketches, etc. to produce drawings used to manufacture and install company products.
- Generate accurate and timely approval/fabrication drawings while maintaining established drawing standards
- Protect CAD file integrity by ensuring ERP documents comply with product data management system
- Administer product functionality support to other internal departments
Essential Job Functions:
- Confer with engineering to propose unique component, assemblies, and product designs for custom application
- Review model/drawings to ensure manufacturability with available equipment while maintaining an awareness for possible design interferences
- Collaborate with the purchasing department to ensure exclusive materials/components are available prior to the job being released for fabrication
- Generate all shipping documents detailing the shipment
- Interact with other company departments to effectively communicate job progressions
- Interact with fabrication employees to address design or production enhancements that will increase efficiency
- Recognize and implement departmental improvements that will increase efficiencies
- Assist in the development of any necessary reference documents, such as installation, operations, maintenance manual, and work instructions
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Mechanical/Architectural Drafting, Industrial Technology, Engineering, Project Management and/or equivalent experience and training
- Proficient in CAD based drafting software
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes, manage competing demands, and delays or unexpected events while maintaining completion dates
- Strong Problem-solving skills with a creative approach for generating new ideas
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of design and drafting principles
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Proficiency to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, specifications, etc.
- Mechanical design/drafting experience utilizing SolidWorks
- Understanding of metal fabrication processes
- Fluent in ERP system navigation