Work Location: 1150 South 48th Street in Grand Forks, ND
Reporting Manager: Design Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Translate customer drawings and specifications to create internal job documentation including SolidWorks models, drawings, bill of materials, ERP system, and process instructions. Communicate directly with the customer to clarify requirements, with PS Industries personnel in Design, Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and Production, to facilitate timely completion of projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate the 5 core values: Yes We Can, Driven To Succeed, Do The Right Thing, Deliver Value, and Win As A Team
- Create and modify SolidWorks 3D CAD Software models that will be converted to 2D approval and fabrication drawings
- Manage multiple jobs with both fluctuating and binding deadlines
- Assist customer with installation, troubleshooting, or other product related questions
- Provide design support during fabrication
- Navigate within the ERP system on verifying material requirements
- Generate routers, BOM’s, and packing lists required for fabrication and shipping
- Participate and make recommendations regarding ongoing continuous improvement
- Provide new product or custom design recommendations to satisfy requirement brought forth by the customer, Engineer, Sales, Design Supervisor, etc.
- Create installation drawings for custom projects
- Must have knowledge of design and drafting principles
- CAD based drafting software
- Ability to fluently navigate in Windows software
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage concurrent projects independently
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative approach for generating new ideas
- ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical/Architectural Drafting, Industrial Technology, Engineering or Project Management
- SolidWorks 3D CAD experience
- Minimum of 6 months drafting experience (may include coursework or work related experience)
- Awareness of metal fabrication processes
- Technical writing skills