Reporting Manager: IT Manager
PS Industries® is a full-scale manufacturer that designs, engineers, and fabricates their products under one roof. We have three growing brands that serve a common purpose; delivering products that protect people and property. Flexible work hours allow your weekends to begin on Friday at noon.
We are an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
The Computer Science Intern position is responsible for applying knowledge acquired during studies while providing support to the Computer Science department.
- Develop applications
- Assist in the maintenance of cross platform integrations
- Develop custom programming
- Write work instructions
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain/create documentation for existing programs (comment/whitepaper/flow chart)
- Develop new enhancements/subroutines for existing programs
- Create programs that tie multiple databases together to do a variety of tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be seeking a degree in computer science, preferably in a related field
- Ability to work during regular business hours (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- Experience working with collaborative tooling (git, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to problem solve
- Some development experience, preferably in Python under a Unix environment. Java script also considered.
- Knowledge of web development paradigms, vocabulary, and workflow
- Django development experience
- Ability to sit or stand at a workstation for the scheduled shift