Work Location: 1150 South 48th Street in Grand Forks, ND
Reporting Manager: Waterjet and Laser Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Responsible for daily preparation of nesting programs for waterjet and laser operations. Also serves as a support role in both areas helping with machine operation, loading/unloading, parts finishing, and organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize Sigma Nest to prepare run programs for both waterjet and laser
- Coordinate with the design team to ensure all parts are imported correctly and of accurate quantity
- Communicate with department supervisor and production staff as needed to ensure daily project requirements are fulfilled per specification and schedule
- Communicate with warehouse employees to ensure materials required are available for use per schedule requirements
- Recommend improvements as needed in the selection of raw material dimensions and optimal part quantities to effectively set up run programs for each machine
- Provide input to department supervisor to continue developing effective methods in utilizing nesting software
- Act as a backup operator in times of need
- Safely load and unload materials from the laser and waterjet with assistance (such as material manipulators, forklift, or team lift)
- Prepare cut parts for operations that follow and/or place in designated inventory location
- Assist in maintenance and repair of CNC equipment as needed
- Provide support/assistance as needed in CNC area on production floor
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Use of personal computer and MS Office or similar software through education or job experience.
- The ability to read and interpret two-dimensional fabrication drawings; use measuring devices such as tape measures, calipers, & scales; and overhead cranes.
- Basic understanding of CNC programming is beneficial.
- Lift and manipulate sheet materials with the use of overhead crane, forklift, or team lift.
- Must have the ability to lift and walk with loads up to 150 lbs with assistance.