Reporting Manager: Waterjet and Laser Supervisor
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 7am-5:30pm, Friday 7am-12pm
PS Industries™ Incorporated is an industry leader in the design and custom manufacturing of industrial doors and hatches, material handling safety gates, personnel fall protection products and flood protection barriers. Our products are designed, engineered, manufactured, and sold out of our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Our customer base of over 6,000 customers includes companies such as NASA, the United Nations, Miller-Coors, Con Edison, Grainger, and Xcel Energy, just to name a few.
Our strength lies in providing solutions for our customers by manufacturing our products to fit the needs of customer-driven applications, ensuring rugged, innovative and safe products for a variety of industries. New product development and expansion into new markets is a priority. With our recent expansion of our manufacturing facility, PS Industries is ready to take on opportunities and growth.
Responsible for daily preparation of the waterjet and/or laser by loading/unloading of materials/parts and running pre-programmed projects through collaboration with the CNC supervisor and production scheduling.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that safe and standard operating procedures are followed during machine loading, unloading, and operation
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of safe work practices on the production floor
- Load and unload materials on the waterjet and laser table with assistance (such as material manipulators, forklift, or team lift)
- Monitor and provide input to improve efficiencies and eliminate waste during the waterjet and laser cutting operation
- Communicate with CNC supervisor to provide accurate reporting for labor and material usage for all projects
- Provide input to CNC supervisor to continue developing effective methods in utilizing nesting software
- Recommend improvements in the selection of raw material dimensions and optimal part quantities to effectively set up waterjet and laser projects
- Maintain awareness of requirements of connecting work centers
- Perform machine maintenance and inspections as required for safe and effective machine operation
- Monitor spare parts recommended to minimize machine down time to ensure stock levels are sufficient
- Ensure all parts are maintained and repaired as needed
- ensure that the sludge pumped is working properly
- Report scrap to the log as needed
- Issue material per job when complete
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer an MS Office experience
- Prior work experience in CNC programming and effective part nesting
- Prior work experience in operating CNC equipment such as waterjet or laser
- Ability to use overhead cranes and measuring devices such as tape measure, calipers, and scales
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and power tools to effectively perform equipment maintenance
- Basic understanding of CNC programming
- Ability to read and interpret two-dimensional fabrication drawings
- Ability to manipulate files to create programs for cutting parts on CNC equipment
- Ability to lift and manipulate sheet materials with the use of overhead crane, forklift, or team lift
- Ability to lift and walk with loads up to 50 lbs.